Find Top NFL and NCAA Football Betting Sites Online
Sports betting is the most common form of gambling in the United States. Gamblers wager millions on football each season. More and more of them are looking online for the honest and legit online sportsbooks (see goodsportsbooks.com) And among the many sports you can wager on, from baseball and hockey to soccer, tennis, and basketball, football betting dominates the action. Both at the online sports books and the local bookie. More sports bettors are drawn to NFL and college football games than any other sport. Football betting also commands more dollars than any other sport. Here we’ll reveal the best football sportsbooks so you can find the one that meets your needs.
Best Football Betting SitesUSA Bettors Accepted at These Top Sportsbooks
- Bovada Sportsbook - $250 Free Bet Match!
- BookMaker - Live In-Game Betting
- 5 Dimes - US friendly and great odds
We’ll also provide a quick overview of the types of bets you can make on football games. You’ll also learn about handicapping, an important component of betting successfully on football, and building your profits along the way.
Types Of Football Bets You Can Make
Most of the wagers you can place on football are identical to those you can place on other team sports. They include over/unders, parlays, teasers, and straight moneyline bets. All of them are straightforward. The following offers a brief description of each:
- Over/Unders: These wagers are sometimes called “totals.” You can place a bet on whether the combined scores of the two teams is higher or lower than a posted total. For example, suppose the Steelers and Bengals are playing, and the posted total is 45. You choose to bet an over. If the combined scores at the end of the game are greater than 45, you win the wager.
- Parlays: This is a group of wagers made on multiple games. For example, a parlay might include bets on a Steelers/Bengals game, Bears/Packers game, Cardinals/Seahawks game, and a Chiefs/Raiders game. The wagers can be based on which team will win, over/unders, or a combination of both. In order to win the parlay, every one of your wagers must win. These bets are popular because they offer a large potential payout for a small wager.
- Teasers: These are similar to parlays. A teaser includes bets on multiple games, all of which must win in order for the sports bettor to win a payout. The difference is that bettors can move the point spread 6, 6.5, or 7 points in either direction. In exchange for this feature, the odds are lower on teasers than they are on parlays.
- Moneyline Bets: These wagers are simple since they are solely focused on which team wins. The point spread is eliminated. In its place, you’ll see odds. Here is an example:
Dallas Cowboys +110
New York Giants -120
Above, the Giants are favored while the Cowboys are the underdog. Thus, you would need to wager $120 on the Giants in order to win $100. Alternatively, you would need to wager $100 on the Cowboys to win $110.
You’ll find each of these four wagers offered at all of the best football sportsbooks. The lines – and when applicable, point spreads – will likely be different from site to site. This is one of the reasons you should maintain active accounts at a few sports betting sites.
Bet NFL Football Games
There are two types of gambling you can do if you want to bet on NFL. You can find a sportsbook with NFL odds you like and place a bet. This is the typical scenario of someone who wants to bet NFL games online. IE you pick who wins, or the over-under etc.
I would like to introduce you to another way to bet NFL games that is a little bit different than the traditional betting option. Real money fantasy sports is the newest thing. More so than just real money, these new sites offer daily real money fantasy football games, baseball, hockey etc that all happen in a single day. You can buy in to a contest, pick your fantasy team and if you score the most points you win. It all happens in a day, or in the case of NFL football, the betting takes place over the weekend through Monday nights game. It is real money fantasy football betting.
The icing on the cake… playing real money fantasy football contests is completely legal. They even take paypal and the normal credit card. This also means payouts are lighting fast and can be made directly back to PayPal.
College Football Betting – Bet NCAA Football Online
All of the books we list offer college football betting. Depending on the game and the lines offered will determine where you should bet. It is always a good idea to compare lines at a few top sites. Start out taking a look at Bookmaker as they typically set the lines and the rest of the sites ‘work’ off of them, so to speak. There are always a good first choice and it is hard to go wrong with Bookmaker.
If you are looking to play college fantasy football for money then you will need to take a look at DailyJoust.com. They offer legal college fantasy football games that you can play in each weekend of the college football season!
Handicapping At The Best Football Sportsbooks
Handicapping is the process of giving a point advantage to one team or the other based on one or more criteria. There are different ways to approach it, and sports bettors tend to stick to their favorite methods.
Those who bet on NFL football usually focus on statistics and lines offered. That is, they’ll review who is playing, how they have performed in past contests, and similar details. The idea is that since there are so few games in the season and plenty of time between each, players will be sufficiently rested each time they hit the field. This reduces the variance in their performance. Then, they will look at the reputable sports books and see if there are any differences in the lines or odds and make their bets accordingly.
College football is a little different. There are many factors that can influence outcomes that are not revealed in past stats. For example, school rivalries often play a role in a team’s performance; let-downs expose betting opportunities that statistics alone will miss; and players tend to perform less reliably in college since there are emotions and unpredictable motivations involved. Here, handicapping must take into account elements that lie outside the numbers.
There’s a lot of competition at the best football sportsbooks. Learn to handicap your teams. You’ll do better over the long run.
The Best Football Sportsbooks Online
Because football betting is so popular, all online sportsbooks offer it. However, some gambling sites are much better than others based on their software, professionalism, reputation, customer support, and promotions. One of the biggest mistakes sports bettors make is staying loyal to a given sportsbook without exploring others. Many don’t know what they’re missing. With this in mind, we’ll share the best football sportsbooks below. We encourage you to test drive each of them for yourself.
- Bovada Sportsbook – Reputable, reliable, and responsive. This is how thousands of sports bettors have described Bovada. They debuted in the mid-1990s as Bodog, and have since become one of the world’s most recognizable brands in online sports betting. You’ll find the most popular betting options, including live bets where you can bet on the minute-by-minute action of each NFL game. Visit Bovada today and use special bonus code “130347” to claim an unlimited, instant 10% match on your first deposit. Be sure to check out our in depth articles on Bodog Sportsbook.
- Betonline.com – They lack the high-profile image of Bodog, but have still attracted hundreds of thousands of loyal fans over the years. Avid sports bettors visit betonline for the normal betting fare, such as parlays, teasers, and totals, as well as the exotics and proposition bets. The site also maintains an impressive credit card acceptance rate. Visit BetOnline today.
Check out Ratings of our favorite Sportsbetting Sites
Football betting seems to grow more heated each year. The current season has attracted a legion of new sports bettors. Test drive the sites profiled above to experience a few of the best football sportsbooks we have come across online.