Even though there are sites at which you can play poker for free, most poker fans eventually migrate to the real money sites. The reason involves more than merely the social aspect of the game. You can find that almost anywhere. The motivation to play real money online poker goes much deeper. It involves the rush of adrenaline you’ll feel when squaring off against opponents. You’ll be putting up your own cash for the chance to take someone else’s.
Play Poker Online Now - Top USA OK Poker Sites
- Bovada Poker - Get a 100% bonus to $1000 at the largest USA friendly poker site online. Visa works great for easy deposits.
- Americas Cardroom US Friendly, Credit Cards Easy & Debit Cards To Withdraw!
In some cases, you’ll be the least experienced player at the table. This won’t last long. When you play real money poker online, education comes quickly. Other times, you’ll be one of the most experienced. This gives you a chance to build your chip stack while giving others a valuable education.
Below, we’ll take a quick look at the differences between online poker rooms for U.S. players and those that draw EU players. We’ll also present a few key tips that will help get you started.
Easy reference list for Real Money Online Poker Pages
- American Express accepting poker sites
- Cash transfer accepting sites
- Credit Card accepting poker sites
- Discover Card accepting sites
- Echeck poker sites
- EwalleteXpress poker sites
- Mastercard accepting poker sites
- MoneyGram accepting sites
- Omaha Real Money
- Paypal accepting poker sites
- Texas Holdem Real Money
- Visa card accepting online poker sites
- Western Union poker sites
EU Versus U.S. Online Poker Rooms
U.S. poker players are prevented from playing at a large number of high-profile poker rooms, namely those that cater to European players. If you have ever played the game at a site that is geared toward European poker fans, you’ll have noticed a few differences. For example, in the U.S., players tend to raise and fold before the flop. In Europe, there’s a lot more calling pre-flop, which means there are more players who go deep in the hand.
Another difference is that U.S. poker sites draw far more player traffic than EU sites. You’ll rarely have a problem finding others to play with, especially at the low stakes holdem tables. To be sure, you’ll find plenty of action at the Euro poker rooms during the peak times of the day, but otherwise traffic wanes substantially.
The last difference worth mentioning involves the poker software used in the U.S. and EU. When you play real money online poker at the top U.S. poker rooms, you’ll enjoy intuitive, stable software where everything is easy to find. Not so at the European sites. There, the software often lacks an intuitive look and feel, making it difficult to find your way around.
A Few Critical Online Poker Tips
These suggestions are geared toward beginners since they are the players who need the quickest education.
- First, learn your starting hands in relation to your position at the table. Starting hands in an early position should be stronger than those played in a late position.
- Second, tighten up your game. One of the biggest mistakes new players make when they play real money online poker is to play too loosely. If you’re seeing a high percentage of flops, you’re doing something wrong. Play tight, and don’t be afraid to fold early.
- Third, get accustomed to reading the table cards quickly. When you play offline, you have more time to read the flop. Online, the pace is much faster. Practice reading the cards. You should be able to (almost) instantly identify the best hand you can make as well as possible hands your opponents can make.
- Fourth, if you plan to get involved in tournaments, start small and work your way up. There’s little reason to participate in large tourneys if you’re a beginner since you’re unlikely to go deep (at least, without luck). Spend some time at the smaller events. You’ll risk very little cash, and gain confidence and experience at the same time.
One last note: a lot of pro players won’t mention this unless asked, but making money at online poker is about grinding out a profit over time. It’s not about taking down enormous pots.
Top Poker Sites To Play Real Money Online Poker
With so many poker sites from which to choose, it pays to take the time to identify the features that are important to you. Our criteria for what makes a high-quality room may be different than your own. We focus on sites that offer a large game selection, plenty of traffic at the tables, ongoing bonuses and promotions, along with an assortment of other features. With this in mind, we recommend the following sites to play real money online poker:
- Bodog Poker – Player volume at Bodog is lower than at the largest online poker rooms, but still solid. Traffic tends to gravitate to the low stakes no-limit holdem tables. Bodog’s tournaments continue to be popular with members. You’ll find guaranteed $100,000 pots every Sunday with smaller guaranteed tournaments throughout the week. One notable detail is that their players tend to play very loose games. If you know what you’re doing, you’ll find it easy to build your chip stack. Visit Bodog today, and use bonus code “130347″ to grab a 110% sign-up bonus up to $1,100.
- Poker Stars – They have the highest player traffic in the industry, which means you’ll never have a problem finding active tables. Also, Poker Stars is widely considered to have the best poker software among their competitors. It’s intuitive, and even new users will be able to find everything easily. Because of their volume, Stars’ tournaments boast the largest pots online, with their popular $1,000,000 guaranteed events taking place every Sunday. Visit Poker Stars today to claim a 100% match up to $600. Use special marketing code “kickasspoker.com” and promo code “stars600″.
We highly recommend that you join the sites above to play real money online poker. You’ll find that each of them offers a playing experience that is hard to leave behind.
Play Poker Online Now - Top USA OK Poker Sites