If you have spent any time looking at the available deposit options of the larger online gambling sites, you’ll have noticed many of them do not accept MasterCard. Over the last few years, the number of online casinos that accept MasterCard has dropped. Today, you’re left with fewer options than ever.
- Sportsbook Live Dealer Casino – Offering live dealers in an amazing casino for your favorite table games and the newest most advanced islots online.
- Use Mastercard at BetOnline today!
- Bovada Casino – Real Time Gaming at it’s best with an excellent no download / flash casino
Credit cards remain the deposit option of choice for most online gamblers. They’re convenient to use because everyone has multiple cards in their wallet or purse. While most sites offer alternative banking options, few can match the same level of ease. But we have good news…
On this page, we’ll reveal a list of several top-quality online casinos that accept MasterCard. These are sites that have managed to accommodate credit card deposits for U.S. players (no small task for online casinos). Before we get there, however, it’s worth knowing why using your credit cards can be so troublesome.
Why Are There So Few Online Casinos That Accept MasterCard?
You have probably heard of the Security and Accountability For Every Port Act. It was passed by Congress in 2006. For online gamblers, the only relevant part of that legislation was a piece called the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA).
The UIGEA forbids financial institutions in the U.S. from processing transactions for gambling sites. The consequences of doing so included censure and hefty fines. This is the reason it is so difficult to find online casinos that accept MasterCard.
Will Your MasterCard Deposits Always Go Through Successfully?
Suppose you stumble upon a gambling site that accepts credit cards for deposits. Does this mean every transaction will be processed seamlessly? Unfortunately, no. Here’s why:
Online casinos that accept MasterCard do not receive special treatment under the UIGEA. They are forced to jump through the same hoops as other gambling sites. When a credit card transaction is processed by an online casino, the payment processor is tagged with an identifying code by the card issuer. That code is “7995.” It alerts the card company that a gambling site may be involved with that processor during future transactions.
The reason some casinos are able to push through credit card transactions is because their payment processors have not yet been identified by the player’s card issuer. In other words, they’re still flying under the radar. This is also the reason you may have trouble depositing money into your account using one MasterCard, but not another. The company that issued the first card may have already identified the payment processor while the second company may still be unaware.
When Other Options Become Valuable
There are, of course, other banking options available at most gambling sites. For example, some casinos will accept deposits from third-party ewallet services, such as Neteller and eWalletXpress. You might also be able to use wire transfers, gift cards, debit cards, pre-purchased MasterCards, and Western Union. The bottom line is to try your credit cards first. If your deposits do not go through successfully, consider other banking options.
Top Online Casinos That Accept MasterCard
We’ve had success making deposits using our MasterCard accounts at the gambling sites profiled below. This feature alone does not qualify them for our list, however. Before we recommend casinos, we like to see healthy sign-up bonuses, attractive and intuitive software, responsive customer support, and a wide game selection (among other features). With this in mind, here are our top recommendations for online casinos that accept MasterCard:
- Bodog Casino – Bodog has a better-than-average record of pushing through credit card deposits. Their 10% sign-up bonus is small compared to other casinos, but it is instant and unlimited (without a value cap), and comes with a reasonably low playthrough requirement. You’ll find a few progressives, plenty of alternative banking options, 24-hour customer support, and a respectable game selection. Visit Bodog Casino to grab your 10% instant bonus match on your first deposit.
- They offer an attractive sign-up bonus, a reasonable game selection (including several progressive slots), and a long list of flexible banking options. You can take advantage of a 100% match on your first four deposits up to $2,000 (they’ll match each deposit up to $500). Also, if you have questions, you’ll be able to reach their customer support staff at their toll-free number. to claim your first sign-up bonus.
If you’re searching for online casinos that accept MasterCard or Visa, start with the sites listed above. They are names we trust, and recommend them to you with confidence. If you are looking to play poker with a mastercard then there are a few different choices for you, however the casinos listed on this page also have a poker room.