This is a video of KAP Co-Founder Spry playing a $10+1 Sit N Go online at Full Tilt Poker. FTP is home of some of the best structure for their sit-n-go’s and all of most of their tournaments for that matter. This sit n go strategy article will take a look at a style of play explained in detail in the online sit n go training guide, called “Sit-N-Go Pro” which gives advice from a pro sit n go poker player who made thousands of dollars playing a high volume of sit n go poker tournaments. The sit n go pro course is a paid course, but my poker videos are always free. Sit n go strategy changes at all levels and all situations, so the best thing to do is get started within your bankroll.
This video shows rational of using your reads to make calls at the table and taking the opportunity to accumulate chips when they are presented to you.
Part I: SNG Strategy Video
Play Poker Online Now - Top USA OK Poker Sites
- Bovada Poker - Get a 100% bonus to $1000 at the largest USA friendly poker site online. Visa works great for easy deposits.
- Americas Cardroom US Friendly, Credit Cards Easy & Debit Cards To Withdraw!
I’m not positive my call there with 99 early in the tournament is right, but I went with my reads and figured that not only could overs be a possibility but so could smaller pairs. If he had much bigger pairs I would expect him to slow down some and try and trap…
Quick Sit n Go Tips
- tight is usually right at first
- blinds don’t become worth stealing until $100/$200 usually
- Don’t let yourself blind off if your stack is getting low in relation to the blinds.
- Play within your bankroll
- Bet large enough to give those drawing the improper odds to call
- have a reason to bluff
What is a Sit N Go Poker Tournament?
A sit n go, or SNG, is typically a 1 table tournament with a fixed buy-in (no re-buys), everyone starts with the same number of chips, and the top of the field gets paid. Typically the top 3 players get paid in a 1 table SNG. Sit n go’s are offered from 1 table up to 180 person events at the larger poker sites like Poker Stars. The most common sit n go nl holdem tournaments are the low stakes, down to the $1.00 buy in, although I’ve seen thousand dollar plus sit n go’s kick off at FTP and PokerStars.
Part 2: Sit N Go Tips Video
Attention U.S. players. FullTiltPoker no longer accepts real players from the US. There are still high quality choices for US players! Play at one these sites below.
- Try Americas Cardroom - A Fresh US Friendly Poker Site
- Updated list of US friendly poker sites - Shrinking list of US ok poker rooms.
Good luck and I’ll see you at the tables!